14 February 2015

D.I.Y flannel



"Hey I'm Tate. I'm dead. Wanna hook up?" 















Hey! Here is a quick and cool d.i.y

After I did this to my flannel, I had heaps of people asking for a tutorial, so here it is! You can do any quote or saying you want and on any flannel or even a denim jacket, and it'll look great. Just follow these steps :)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

x1 flannel of your choice (ask your dad if he has any old ones, or go thrift shopping, they always have good stuff. I bought mine from the mens section in Big W for cheap)
x1 black fine tip marker
x1 white fabric marker (Make sure that is IS a fabric marker otherwise when it goes in the wash it'll all wash off!) 
A lot of spare time (1-2 hours)

STEPS 

1. Choose your quote. Try and choose something that you like and suits your image- remember people in public will be reading your quote!
2. Buy the makers if you don't have them already. I already had the fine tip marker, and I just bought the white marker from Big W
3. Outline your quote in the black marker. Try not to make it too obvious as it won't rub off if you don't go over it again
4. Outline in the white marker
5. Start to colour in the words with the white marker
6. Finish first coat and allow to dry
7. Apply second coat
8. Add more coats if you want a lighter white colour

YOU'RE DONE! Yay

Let me all know if you liked this D.I.Y and if I should do more!

Emma xx